Friday, February 9, 2007


The item I like interacting with is my cellphone, except I don't use it as a phone, I use it as an alarmclock. I own three other alarm clocks, but still choose to use my phone. The phone itself has good mapping. The buttons are simple and do what they're supposed to. When I set the alarm clock on my phone it beeps descretely to let me know that I've set it, and that its on, it also does that when it locks itself. These are two examples of good feedback which makes my interation with the phone a positive one. I've kept the same phone model for almost 2 years, this has allowed me to know which buttons to push to get to the alarm clock without having to think about it. This process of automatically pushing the buttons demonstrates habituation within the interaction, which is probably the main reason I will always use this phone as an alarm clock until the phone breaks.

No comments: