Thursday, February 22, 2007

yana, receipt stories

Receipt Story #1

I saw her in the subway the other day. I was late for my work but when I saw her I forgot about everything I was doing or I was going to do. I even started talking to her. I couldn’t believe how easy we went along, well, all my friends know that girls are not on my best to do list. Anyways, she’s from India as I found out. But once she told me that I couldn’t believe right away. I mean, her skin was fair and her hair died. As she later on told me, her family is modern, so she can date, go out, be late, have male friends over and stuff. I was surprised to hear all that because I am so used to dating white girls, and I never heard of all these restrictions. So tonight I’m going to prepare for us a romantic dinner and I will cook. I know she doesn’t drink though, so I guess tea with some exotic fruits will work well, I personally love fruits and a date without alcohol… well, I guess it’s worth a shot. SHE is worth a shot. I also had to research about their cuisine and I found out that they have all sorts of this interesting mean dish they often cook, it’s called KEBAB, so they have it differently. I’m going to, I guess, a grocery store and I hope to find it there. I hope… But I am not that good of a cook so I guess I should be something that would already be prepared. They have those au-sortie salads at Dominion so I might take something from there. Maybe, chicken salad or something, because she told me that she doesn’t like sea food, so it must me definitely chicken then, if my beef kebab is not going to work out. Damn, I’m so hooked up with this girl, I am ready to even take off one day from my busy crazy business I’m spinning in right now…



Receipt Story #2

That’s freaking sick, man! I don’t even have time now to prepare real food! I mean, I’m spinning and spinning and spinning! I’m so sick of this ready-to-eat food! I want real food! I want to go back to my mom! She always cooks at home. Of course, she has time. But what me? Look at me now – I’m at work all day, and when I come home there’s no loving and caring wife there to cook for me. Well, I do have a girlfriend, but we don’t live together. I mean, it’s such a commitment, I don’t know yet where our relationship is going. And I’m pretty scared to talk to her about it. I don’t know how she’s going to react if I tell her to move in with me. But then what, I will expect her to cook for me? No, this has to come from a heart. She has to want to do it by herself. But she’s going to have work too, she’s going to be tired too. And then again we’ll have to either go to some restaurant or order some take-out or I don’t know, the worst, we’ll have to enjoy our evenings with PIZZA! No, tonight was the last time I bought something that I don’t have to cook. Tomorrow will be a new day, new day of real food. Yes, I will cook MYSELF!

No comments: