Friday, March 2, 2007

Hailey Jang-exercise 4

Receipt P-1
“Damn it!!” Josh stepped down from his digital scale realizing that he lost another four pounds. Josh had crush on this girl, Sara. Actually it’s been 4 years since he fell in love with her at first sight. He had asked her out several times but Sara always turned him down. She hasn’t exactly told him why she wouldn’t date him but Josh figured that it was his skeleton-like body which wasn’t too attractive as a guy. He would glare at himself reflected in the mirror, the cursed body, one that has been made fun of for years. He has been trying to get more meat or some muscle but he was born with such a body type. He’s always been skinny as long as he could remember. Josh was sick and tired of his skinny body. He went to a market and grabbed anything that looked like high-calorie food; gingerbread, party marshmallows, cocktail sausages, Sugar cubes, fruit cake and chocolate crispy. He went to the cheese section and picked a container of cream cheese. “20% of saturated fat is pretty good,” he thought. he also bought a new coffee filter for fresh coffee that would be served with the egg waffles. After finishing all the food, he went to bed hoping that he would be a little bit fatter tomorrow.


Receipt P-2
Sara entered a market. She was wearing a black hat down to her nose and a big pair of sun glasses even though it was raining outside. She looked around the market in a nervous way and seemed to hesitate for a second then went to aisle number four which was full of delicious food. She’s been having a hard time. She was fired 3month ago and hasn’t found a new job yet and she had 4 siblings she had to take care of. After paying bills and rent, she realized that she only had 21dollars and 10 cent in her account. Her younger sisters and brothers needed food. They were two year apart each and the youngest was only five years old. She grabbed two chocolate crispy, slightly shaking her hand then shoved them into her bag. Then she grabbed cream cheese, pepper, crab salad, marshmallows, fruit cake egg waffles and cocktail sausages. Her bag was bulging with the stuff she stole. When she was about to leave, she saw a ginger bread man which was her brother’s favourite snack. She grabbed the ginger bread man and tried to open the bag but there seem to be a problem with the zipper. “excuse me ma’am” she turned around and there was a security guard standing behind her. “may I see your bag?” he asked. He didn’t even wait for her answer but just snatched her bag out of her hand. “was he watching everything?” she was very worried. The security guard found 9 unpaid items in her bag. Her cheeks were blushed with embarrassment. “I’ll pay for these now” Sara said. He took her to the cashier and calculated the cost. It was 18dollars 1 cent. She quickly handed them the last 20 dollar bill she had and rushed off to her apartment.


Receipt K-1
Today is my mom’s 50th birthday.So I’ll cook for her for the first time. I am going to make bean cake which is her favourite Korean food and lots of her favourite foods such as meatloaf and fish stew. After work I go to a big market to do groceries. Um…cooked meatloaf. Maybe I’ll get something already cooked because it’s my first time cooking and I don’t want to ruin her birthday. What do I need to make a fish stew? Fish of course.. so I ‘ll get two sardines and 2 brown beans for bean cakes. Maybe I should buy cooked fish stew I don’t want to touch the fish it’s smelly and disgusting. Well I’ll just get the fish and the fish stew too. And I’ll take milk juice jug and chicken wings for me. I love grilled chicken wings with soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar. They are so yummy. For desert, I’ll get chocolate croissants and sausage rolls, and gouda cheese. Oh I’ll get the cute monkey doll called monkey boy of my mom it’s only 3.96. I can’t wait to see mom’s surprised face!! She will love it!!

Receipt K-2
On every Thursdays, I visit an old lady as a volunteer. I’ve doing it since high school. What I do is that I visit seniors who live alone without families. I cook for them, wash dishes, clean the house and talk with them like friends. Today, I m visiting Mrs. Brown whose husband passed away 2years ago. It’s my second time visiting her and I decided to cook for her. So, yesterday I bought some ingredients. I bought milk & Juice jug, chicken wings, fish stew and two brown beans because I heard that beans are good for health. I also bought sardines, cooked sausages, cooked meatloaf. I bought cooked food so she can just warm it up and eat instead of cooking. For dessert, I bought chocolate croissants, sausage rolls and chocolate sprinkles. Mrs. Brown reminds me of my grandma who passed away when I was in grade seven. I miss her so much. Anyways I also bought a stamp set and a monkey boy for Mrs. Brown and I hope she will like it.

No comments: