Friday, March 2, 2007

Meeting In A Supermarket - Exercise 4




NARRATIVES "B - 1"


My name is Bill. I am five-year-old boy who lives in Toronto.
Today is the day that my aunt Cathy comes to my house with her sons.
I’m going to supermarket now with my mother.
Because, I want to buy some gift for my cousins.
Supermarket is an amazing place I’ve ever been.
There is nothing that I can’t find there.
Fruits, bread, candy, caramel, chocolate, ice-cream, and etc.
All i want is there. ( especially, toy !! )
My mother went to food section when I stay at toy section.
Then, I just look around to find out what’s new arrival.
I found the ‘Spongy Bob Square Pants’ doll !
And ‘Power Ranger’ robot, too !
But, I remind myself again why I’m here.
‘I’m here cause of my cousin’s gift !
Let me think.. What’s their favorite ?’
'Right !! The car !’ After I just pick blue, yellow, red,
and black cars, ( My aunt has three kids.
And the other one is for me. ) my mother called me.
“Bill~ time to go~.”
“Yes, mom~ I‘m coming~”
I smiled that I expected my cousin’s surprising.






NARRATIVES "B-2"
Here is supermarket near my house. Who am I ?
I am an ordinary office worker in Toronto named Luther .
But, I have extraordinary promise with my family.
My sister-in-law Cathy will be my house today .
That’s why I finish the work a little bit early.
Anyway, I should prepare today’s party.
For the party, I’m looking around right now.
'Uh? Who is that ? My little Billy !'
"hey~ Bill !! What are you doing here, my boy ?"
“Hey~ father !! Come here ! Mom is there !
What did you buy ? We already pick it up.”
“Uh-oh. Really?”
“Yeh, just leave them all except…
this thin crackers, 2 mint tea, and 4 pears.
Wait, mom said she needs the Basmati and the Thai rice, too.”
“Ok. No problem. I’ll pay them all with your toy car. Let’s go !” i said.










NARRATIVES "C - 1"

Bark! Bark !
As usual, I left my home
after I answered my boss.
I used to go to the white building
to exchange something for my boss.
My boss gave me some plat things
- Yeh, he called it money.
And the guy in white building gave me something
when I am arrived there.
Then, I returned back to home with the exchanged stuff.
This is interesting game ! I like it !
In addition, he used to give me some delicious food
after I finished this game.





NARRATIVES "C - 2"

It was sudden accident.
But it brought the crucial result to me.
I used to send "Ace" ( - He is German shepherd dog. )
to buy something I need
because I couldn’t stand alone.
I also sent him to buy coke, leek, and onion today.
However, when he was returned back,
I found something wired count on my receipt.
What is 'deposit' about ?
What is 'work overalls'?
Something is wrong with this receipt.
I decide to make sure this problem on next Friday.




BY JungChol Yim (Andrew)

No comments: